One thing I’ve always loved to do is read, ever since I was a little kid. Over the years, my collection of books has grown and I often find myself figuring out where to put all my books and which ones I can bear to part with. My kids have also inherited my love of books, so you can imagine that we have a LOT of books in our house.
While I rarely re-read books, I still find it hard to part with them. Luckily, I’ve discovered the pleasure of reading on a Kobo eReader, so I don’t have to worry quite so much about books taking over the house anymore!
With over 5 million titles in the Kobo library, there’s so many books in pretty much every genre to choose from. The book lovers on your list are sure to find many, many books they will love, whether they’re tweens, teens or adults.
Here are 5 reasons why I think a Kobo eReader is a perfect gift idea for anyone who loves to read.
- You have an almost endless supply of books and magazines available to you at any time. Whether you want to read the latest bestselling novel or business book, browse your favourite magazine or get some cooking or home decor inspiration, Kobo’s library truly has something for everyone. There’s even over 1 million books available for free!
- Kobo devices are light and compact, making it easy to go anywhere with your stash of reading material. With your Kobo in your bag you’ll always have access to all of your books whenever you have time to read. A Kobo is ideal for travelling, or just for killing time in the school pickup line or doctor’s office waiting room.
- No matter how many books you load onto your Kobo, you’ll never have to worry about finding room in your house to store your new books. Kobo = no clutter!
- If you’re used to reading things on your phone or tablet, you’ll be pleasantly surprised how long a Kobo’s battery lasts (usually up to two months) and you’ll appreciate the fact that you can adjust the text size and font to suit your preferences (good for aging eyes!)
- It’s instant gratification for binge readers. You’ll always have access to all the latest releases, without having to run out to the bookstore or wait for your online order to arrive. Find a new author you like? You can download another book as soon as you finish reading one!
So whether the readers in your life prefer non-fiction, graphic novels, mysteries or the latest bestseller or series like Harry Potter and Tales of a Wimpy Kid, with a Kobo, they’ll never run out of something good to read.
Kobo Touch 2.0 Giveaway
Tweenhood is giving away one (1) prize of a Kobo Touch 2.0 eReader and a $25 Kobo gift card to one lucky reader. (ARV: $114.99 CDN)
The Kobo Touch 2.0 has a 6″ anti-glare touch screen, a 4 GB memory and a battery that lasts up to 2 months.
Enter below for your chance to win.
Giveaway starts November 2, 2016 and ends November 27, 2016 at 11:00 pm EST. This giveaway is open to Canadian residents 18+ only, excluding Quebec. No purchase necessary. A winner will be chosen at random and notified via email. The winner will be required to answer a skill-testing question and have 48 hours to respond, otherwise another winner will be chosen. Prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the prize sponsor.
About Kathy Sima
Kathy is a blogger and freelance writer and mom of two teens who gave up her career as a financial advisor when her son was diagnosed with autism at age 3. When it comes to parenting, Kathy truly believes there is strength in numbers and knows that sharing stories and strategies with other parents has helped keep her sane (so far!)