With the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens film set to roll into theatres this December, this year’s Star Wars Reads Day promises to be the best one yet.
The fourth annual Star Wars Reads Day is October 10, 2015, and you can feel the high level of excitement building. Bookstores, libraries, schools and retailers from all around the world have been hard at work getting ready to celebrate everything Star Wars. If you’re looking for a Star Wars Reads event, DK Books has your full list of events taking place across Canada.
Personally, I am so excited to be watching a brand new Star Wars film together with my kids. The franchise has been huge with me growing up, and luckily, both my kids are huge fans also. I remember reading Star Wars books together at night, which as they got older, turned into learn to read books, chapter books and then to trivia books. Whether you’re looking to introduce the Star Wars galaxy to your little one or to relive George Luca’s saga (great refresher pre The Force Awakens, just saying), be sure to check out DK Books and their bestselling collection of Star Wars books. New to the collection is an updated and expanded LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia and 3 chapter books from their new DK Adventure series.
Ultimate Star Wars Contest
In honour of Star Wars Reads Day, we’ve got an exciting contest we want to share!
Starting Saturday, October 3rd, through to Friday, October 9th, we’ll be posting Star Wars trivia questions on our Facebook page. Simply comment with the correct answer for an entry to win a copy of the Ultimate Star Wars book courtesy of DK Books (MSRP $44). Below is a description about the book:
Become an expert on the Star Wars galaxy!
Ultimate Star Wars® is an in-depth visual feast exploring the characters and storylines from the Star Wars galaxy. This is a beautifully illustrated guide that is structured chronologically and packed full of information about key characters and storylines from the Star Wars movie saga, The Clone Wars, and Rebels™. Ultimate Star Wars will get new and old fans caught up and knowledgeable on all things Star Wars.
We’ll post a new trivia question each day at 10am (EST) starting Saturday, October 3rd, with the final question up on Friday, October 9th for a total of 7 questions. You have 24 hours to comment with your answer. Once 24 hours have passed, we will no longer accept responses to that question, as a new trivia question will be posted in its place. A winner will be announced on Star Wars Reads Day, Saturday, October 10th.
- Open to Canadian residents, 18+ only, excluding Quebec.
- Contest period runs from October 3-9, 2015.
- No purchase or payment is required to enter or win.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- One (1) Facebook post with Star Wars trivia question(s) will be posted each day starting at 10 am (EST) from October 3-9, 2015 for a total of 7 Facebook posts during the contest period.
- Each Facebook trivia post will be open for a period of 24 hours for responses starting at 10 am (EST) during the contest period.
- Only one (1) entry per question permitted, to a maximum of 7 entries during the contest period.
- One (1) winner will be selected at random on October 10th from all correct answers and notified via Facebook. The winner will be required to answer a skill-testing question and have 48 hours to respond, otherwise another winner will be chosen.
Good luck and May the Force Be With You.
Images: DK Books
About Wendy Morelli
Wendy loves her 2 kids and her iPhone, not necessarily always in that order. She is an app obsessed mom who loves everything tech and is (unfortunately) old enough to remember the brick Motorola cell phone and the Commodore computer. Her love for technology stems back to the 10+ years of working for technology based companies. Wendy's alter ego, "AppHipMom" has been featured in Canadian Family, iVillage, Women in Biz, EverythingMom, BlogHer and Savvy Mom.